The Science Fiction Collection [The Hammer Legacy] (2011)
March 31, 2011 (UK - iTunes)
July 12, 2011 (USA - iTunes)
Genre: Compilation / Science Fiction / Horror
Catalogue Number: SILED4552
Universal Product Code: 738572455248
Running time: TBA
Hammer’s long career in X-rated cinema began with The Quatermass Xperiment in 1955. This collection of original music includes the opening titles from this cinematic milestone alongside additional cues from Quatermass 2 and the final film in the trilogy, Quatermass And The Pit. The musical accompaniment to Hammer’s earliest horror films was composed by James Bernard in a stark and chilling style that anticipated Bernard Hermann’s Psycho by five years. Tristram Cary’s orchestral tracks for Quatermass And The Pit (1967) are presented alongside a section of his electronic music and the closing credits music by Dennis Farnon. This remarkable collection is completed by the rousing title music from Moon Zero Two, composed by Don Ellis and performed by Julie Driscoll.
This digital-only release is available from 31 March. Purchase all 12 tracks and receive an exclusive six-page digital booklet, featuring rare stills and new notes by Marcus Hearn.
THE HAMMER LEGACY: THE SCIENCE FICTION COLLECTION
1. The Quatermass Xperiment – Opening Titles (James Bernard)
2. Quatermass 2 – Opening Titles/Things in the Domes/End Credits (James Bernard)
3. Quatermass And The Pit – Opening Titles (Tristram Cary)
4. Quatermass And The Pit – Scream in the Hull (Tristram Cary)
5. Quatermass And The Pit – Bulkhead Disintegration (Tristram Cary)
6. Quatermass And The Pit – Hobb Disturbance Experiment (Tristram Cary)
7. Quatermass And The Pit – Panic in Underground (Tristram Cary)
8. Quatermass And The Pit – Crane Explosion (Tristram Cary)
9. Quatermass And The Pit – Finale and End Credits [unused] (Tristram Cary
10. Quatermass And The Pit – End Credits [‘Deserted Harbour’] (Dennis Farnon)
11. Quatermass And The Pit – Electronic Music (Tristram Cary)
12. Moon Zero Two – Opening Titles (Don Ellis, vocal by Julie Driscoll)
The Quatermass Xperiment and Quatermass 2 conducted by John Hollingsworth.
Quatermass And The Pit and Moon Zero Two conducted by Philip Martell.
21 February 2011, New Hammer Legacy soundtracks from Silva Screen
Three new compilations of Hammer film soundtrack music will be made available through Silva Screen on March 28th. Released as part of The Hammer Legacy...