The Frankenstein Collection [The Hammer Legacy] (2011)
March 31, 2011 (UK - iTunes)
July 12, 2011 (USA - iTunes)
Genre: Compilation / Horror
Catalogue Number: SILED4551
Universal Product Code: 738572455149
Running time: TBA
A compilation of soundtrack music from Hammer films, digitally restored from the original recordings. The sinister theme for The Curse Of Frankenstein, Hammer’s first gothic horror, begins this collection of tracks drawn from all seven of Hammer’s Frankenstein films. James Bernard was Hammer’s most prolific composer, and a selection of cues from the classic Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed and the haunting Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell also bear his unmistakeable sound. Other composers represented on this album are Leonard Salzedo (The Revenge Of Frankenstein), Don Banks (The Evil Of Frankenstein) and Malcolm Williamson (The Horror Of Frankenstein).
This digital-only release is available from 31 March. Purchase all 14 tracks and receive an exclusive six-page digital booklet, featuring rare stills and new notes by Marcus Hearn.
THE HAMMER LEGACY: THE FRANKENSTEIN COLLECTION
1. The Curse of Frankenstein – Opening Titles (James Bernard)
2. The Revenge of Frankenstein – Closing Credits (Leonard Salzedo)
3. The Evil of Frankenstein – Opening Titles (Don Banks)
4. Frankenstein Created Woman – Opening Titles/Closing Credits (James Bernard)
5. Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed – Opening Titles/The Death of Anna (James Bernard)
6. Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed – Liberating Brandt (James Bernard)
7. Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed – Frankenstein’s Lust (James Bernard)
8. Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed – Brandt Awakens (James Bernard)
9. Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed – Finale and Closing Credits (James Bernard)
10. The Horror of Frankenstein – Opening Titles (Malcolm Williamson)
11. Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell – Helder Meets the Other Patients (James Bernard)
12. Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell – The Monster Recovers (James Bernard)
13. Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell – Death of the Monster (James Bernard)
14. Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell – Finale and Closing Credits (James Bernard)
The Curse Of Frankenstein conducted by John Hollingsworth.
The Revenge Of Frankenstein conducted by Muir Mathieson.
All other tracks conducted by Philip Martell.
21 February 2011, New Hammer Legacy soundtracks from Silva Screen
Three new compilations of Hammer film soundtrack music will be made available through Silva Screen on March 28th. Released as part of The Hammer Legacy...