19 September 2011
Win a set of Icon/Hammer UK DVD releases!
UPDATE 27th September 2011:
2. Leo McKern (Moriarty in The Adventure Of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother; Peter Hammond was in TV Sherlock Holmes, not movie)
3. Time (although this was something of a trick question, the key clue is in the film Captain Kronos, where the word/character-name definitively means "time", which is also the most common agreed literal meaning of the Ancient Greek word Χρόνος ["chronos", or "kronos" in the film]; sadly nothing to do with Cronus/Saturn the Titan).
In any event, the judges' decision is final!
Win one of ten sets of Icon's recent Hammer DVD releases including a re-pressed Captain Kronos.
Simply answer the three questions below, and email your answers along with your full name and postal address to email@example.com
Please type "Icon DVDs" on the subject line. If you answer all three questions correctly, you'll be entered into a draw to win one of ten sets of five DVDs: The Dick Barton Trilogy (Dick Barton Special Agent, Dick Barton Strikes Back, Dick Barton At Bay); The Quatermass Double Bill (The Quatermass Xperiment, Quatermass 2); X The Unknown; The Abominable Snowman; Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter)! UK residents only.
1. What is Professor Quatermass' first name?
2. Which lead actor links X The Unknown via a non-Hammer movie to the character of Sherlock Holmes?
3. What is the literal English translation of the Ancient Greek word "kronos"?
The competition closes at 23:59 BST on Monday, September 26th.
Winners will be announced on Tuesday, September 27th.